Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Taking the Leap – Making Bold Moves toward New Horizons


It goes against my grain to stand on a soapbox and ask everyone to look at me.  I have to remember that what I have to offer is really quite good.  The people that need my software are going to be very happy they found it.  It’s worth being a little pushy for us both to benefit.  Many of the people that call with questions before deciding to buy my system say the had searched the internet at great length before they finally found me.  Anything I can do to make that search quicker is just a smart move.

I was buying something at a local music store and casually asked if they do in-house financing, in hopes that I might be able to buy some loans at a discount.  The person I was talking to said they did zero-interest-for-a-full-year on any purchase, which didn’t sound too appealing.  I groaned that I really want to make some loans, and the person that had helped me with my purchase asked if I would consider making a loan to an individual.  I said “of course!” and they mentioned that, as a semi-professional musician, she would really like to get a new instrument.  What a reasonable loan for a gainfully employed person!  Simply by talking about what I wanted, an opportunity made itself known.

It’s new territory, but it’s really exciting.  I’ve moved several times in my life, four times the move was over 1000 miles.  Learning a new city is time consuming.  At first, only the most notable landmarks and roads are familiar.  After repeated exposure, eventually the whole area becomes familiar, and I can actually get from point A to point B without looking at a map.  It’s similar in business.  Doing something new takes a lot of planning and research, but eventually it isn’t too difficult to accomplish the important stuff consistently once a workable route has been discovered.  The effort in the early days seems to give way to familiarity and convenience later.

Ultimately, when I miss a turn or make a misstep in business, as long as I’m moving in the right direction I know I’m getting closer to my goal.  When I’m driving on unfamiliar roads, I use the sun and bodies of water (the Fingerlakes and the Great Lakes make for handy landmarks around Rochester, NY / the San Francisco Peaks and Mt. Elden in Flagstaff), and do my best to orient myself beforehand to the things I know I’ll be bumping into along the route.  In business, giving myself the best chance to know which direction is right requires the same preparation – reviewing statistics, talking with peers, researching, testing.  By giving myself the tools to navigate effectively, I can make bolder choices with more confidence that I’m going to ultimately find my way to the treasures at the destination.


Moneylender Professional - Loan Servicing Software

Get your bearings, remember what you've learned through the years, and get Moneylender Professional to service your new loans!!  Lend with confidence that you'll have no trouble managing the loan from open to close.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home